Monday, June 20, 2011

Hooray!!

20 Followers! I am so excited my pants are dancin'! Thank you for "following" me in my new blogging adventure!





 As promised, here are the 7 Habits posters...






Habit 1: Be Proactive


Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind
Habit 3: Put First Things First

We piloted the 7 Habits last year and learned a couple of things in the process. We're going to start with the first three habits and really work on instilling them in the kids. If they are going to be effective and meaningful, they have to become a part of our language. Once I feel like my students have taken ownership of these three down (known as a private victory), we move onto the next three (a public victory).

Habit 4: Think Win-Win
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
Habit 6: Synergize
After I've taught Habits 4-6, it's time to remind the kids that above all, you have to take care of yourself - mind, body, heart and soul.

Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw

I hope you enjoy these posters! I have them all up in my room no matter what habit I'm teaching. That way, when a "teachable moment" in character and leadership presents itself we can refer back to our habits. I hope you'll look into the 7 Habits of Happy Kids. Right now it's on sale at Amazon for $11.99... normally $19.99! It's worth the time and money you'll spend!

Hope you enjoy! Please let me know if there are any typos or if you have suggestions for the posters. I'm all ears!

6 comments :

  1. Thanks Abby! The posters are great! And I'm def going to check out the book.

    Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abby! Our school is beginning to use the 7 Habits. I love the posters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your 7 habits posters! We do 7 habits at my school! I will be putting these up in my room to go with the things I have! Thank you!

    Sarah
    Fantastic First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I'm so glad I found your blog. My school is starting 7 Habits this year, so I would love any advice you have. I was hoping to find some already created 7 habits posters and yours are just too cute. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    I'm now a follower. :)

    ~Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely posters. Just to note, there is a typo in Habit 6's poster. It says peoples and should be people's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the posters. My school has not fully adopted the 7 Habits but I practice them in my classroom. (I've also recruited a few other teachers to practice them as well.) Thanks for these posters. For anyone else who is looking for Habits info. If you Google 7 Habits for children (or students) I know you will find many sites with info there. Also Google "The Leader in Me". Lots more there....Good luck to everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...