Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Is It Singular or Plural? UPDATED and REVISED!
This has been another labor of love. Lots of classroom testing, getting feedback from my fabulous teammates and tweaking. As we navigated our way through the new Common Core standards, I realized I needed to "ramp up" my resources for plural nouns.
What's been changed?
- Higher quality graphics and more printer-friendly pages as well. :)
- Individual anchor charts for each plural noun rule
- A printable to go with each "rule"
- A poetry connection and response
- Reader's Workshop connection response
- Revised "Playing with Plurals" game
- Additional matching/memory game for irregular plurals
What used to be a 14 page unit has now become a 30+ page mega-pack of resources for teaching plural nouns.
I broke up the plural noun rules into 4 different charts. I found it was much easier for me to teach them one at a time than all at once. I print them out poster-size, laminate them and I'm able to use them with both classes. My kids loved the flipbook, the new "memory" game and the revised Playing with Plurals game as well.
I'm going to give away 3 copies of this revised unit with the ever-popular Rafflecopter. There are several ways for you to enter:
1. Follow Third Grade Bookworm by clicking "Join This Site" in the upper right hand corner.
2. Follow Third Grade Bookworm on TpT
3. Follow Third Grade Bookworm on Facebook
4. Leave a blog post telling me something you're thankful for this week!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I'll be back on Friday to announce the winner and to share a fun fall freebie! Remember, if you've already purchased this packet you need to head to TpT and download the update! I've change the price to reflect the extra goodies and love put into the unit. I'll leave it at $4.00 until the end of the month. After that, it will be listed for $5.00 in my store.
Today, I am grateful for all of YOU! You have been a source of encouragement and a blessing since I started this blog last June. Thank you for all your sweet words and support!