Sunday, December 30, 2012

Resolution, Schmezolution!

Today I'm linking up with Jen at The Teacher's Cauldron to share my resolutions goals for 2013. No, I'm not a fan of the word "resolution" - but I do like to set goals for myself. :)

I caught myself so often thinking,  "Ooh! I need to blog about this! Where's the camera?" My camera now has a permanent place in my work bag so I can catch all of those moments I've been ooh-ing and aah-ing about. :) I also have several 7 Habits updates I need to share with you. Going through all of the training to become a Leader in Me School has been overwhelming at times, but I know it will be worth it!


I love, love, love the church we've found here. I ran into one of our worship leaders a couple of weeks ago, and was telling him how much it meant to me to have a church "home" again and he just smiled and said, "There's something special about that place, isn't there?" :) So true! I'm hoping to join a community group and hopefully volunteer in our church nursery as well. 

I'm also looking forward to starting Jesus Calling (thank you, Bren!). I think this will be the perfect way to start my mornings. The Kindle version is only $1.99 right now!

In addition, I'm joining Angela in a Bible Study just for teachers. There's still time to join us - click on over! I've been in a "desert" for several years, but my faith has come through an amazing renewal and I am thirsty for Him. 

Well, now that I've gotten all personal on you I hope you'll take the plunge too! Make sure you grab the button above and link up with Jen at The Teacher's Cauldron! 


  1. Your blog is adorable. Best wishes on the 2013 resolutions!

  2. Oooo, reading more Leader in Me posts would be sosososo super-helpful! I have been dabbling in 7 Habits and we are looking into it as a school-wide program, so I will love & adore anything you share :)

    Happy 2013!

    3rd Grade Thoughts

    1. We've "dipped our toes in the water" for the last 2 years, but we are jumping in head first this year! I'm so excited - it's going to be amazing for our kids! :)

  3. I need to take more pics too... maybe it's because we switch kids and I don't have my "core group" all day, but I take WAY less pictures this year!

    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    1. That's a good point. I don't know about you, but I always feel so rushed to pack it all in - Reader's Workshop, Writer's Workshop and Grammar/Spelling time. There are so many good things about departmentalizing, but after 6 or 7 years there are a lot of things I'm starting to miss.

  4. My resolution is to take more photos of my family "in the moment". Thanks for sharing about your personal resolutions. I am participating in the bible study with Angela too. I'm excited about this!

    Happy New Year!

    1. Yay! I'm looking forward to starting it later this week!

  5. Thanks for sharing your spiritual goals! I have been wanting to read Jesus Calling and now that it is under $2 I am getting it on my Kindle :) Glad to find other bloggers who are serious about their faith!

    Twins, Teaching and Tacos.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...