Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Horrible, Terrible, Turned Around Very Good Night

There is no full moon tonight.

I checked.

So WHY did I have one of THOSE days?

You know, the ones that make you say...


I seriously had to step away for a few minutes and go cry in a corner.

You know, the angry-frustrated-I-don't-want-to-harm-the-children-cry? 

Yep, it was one of those.

And then I took a deep breath, and walked back to class and started all over again with my afternoon group.

They were wonderful angel babies.

They had heard about my morning from their friends. :)

I hope your day was better.

Mine got insanely better once I got home.

I came home to find some laundry started, litter boxes emptied, a toilet fixed, a cleaned kitchen and a sweet husband willing to pick up my favorite frozen pizza for dinner.

Day saved!!


In other news, I am working furiously on a new conventions packet. My sweet teammates are being guinea pigs and I am trying to get it out and ready as soon as possible.

However, there was a HEATED debate over the cute little orange graphic you see in the cover below. He makes an appearance frequently throughout the pack and if he's not working, I need to find an alternative ASAP.

Would you do me a favor and vote?






I'll be back tomorrow Thursday with a freebie, an update and an awesome adjective post! :)

I will leave you with something that brought me back down to Earth today with a good giggle.


So true. So incredibly true.

Here's hoping all of our tomorrows are better than today. :)


Signature

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, thank goodness I don't look like I did in 6th grade anymore! Way to put it in perspective. Hope tomorrow is a better one!

    Angelia
    Extra Special Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reality post. Glad the day improved for you.
    Just remember, you are making a difference to little lives (in the classroom) and big lives (via this blog). What you do matters to lots of people. Take a deep breath and keep up the great work. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little orange guy is cute as a comma ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know...it's always good to hear that others feel the same way you do. SSSOOOO....I had one of "those" days too yesterday. I am going to be postive for us both that it will be better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ecard you shared! It was exactly what I needed after having the two worst weeks of my teaching career!! I'm so sorry to hear you had such a terrible, horrible day, but it's great to know there are other educators out there to share and understand the daily trials of working with young ones everyday! ;) Hope this week is off to a better start for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, don't you worry about it because we all have those days every once in a while. Those days where you just want to go and kick and scream and pout and crawl in a hole. The best part is, though it eventually gets better :) I hope your day is better today!

    ~Steph

    Sparkly, Quirky Lifebox
    The Quirky Apple

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Tuesday sounds like my Tuesday! It is so encouraging to hear from other teachers who have those days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover