This is my first time linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching! Here we go!
1. If you live in Georgia, you know that even the hint of the word SNOW causes mass chaos. Grocery stores run out of milk in just a couple of hours. It's bad. It also causes teachers, students and principals to pray for a snow day. Heck, I would've taken a workday! I even shared the following "Keep Calm and..." with my Georgia peeps because our hopes for snow were dashed at the last minute and the best we could hope for was...
As my sweet friend Pam at Teaching 4 Real said, "I guess 3 days off will do!" :)
2. We continued working on adjectives this week. Below is a picture of my sweet things on our adjective-noun scavenger hunt. They had so much fun. We weren't 10 feet down the hall before one of my boys said, "Mrs.Spann! Wait! I can't keep up with all these nouns!!!"
I'm posting the updated Adjective Antics pack this weekend. If you've already purchased it, make sure you look for the updated version under "My Purchases" on TpT. I'll also add the updated version to my Bookworm Grammar Bundle this weekend as well. I'll be sure to let you know when to re-download those!
3. We also started working on a new writing project - Heroes and Villians: A Fiction Writing Unit.
I meant to get a picture of our anchor chart as well, but I'll have to post that once the unit is finalized. I am so excited to get it ready to share with you. The kids are LOVING it and so am I! It has really motivated my reluctant and struggling writers.
Disclaimer: There will be no Angry Birds clipart in the pack. They do not play well with TpT sellers. :(
But... I can use it in my classroom all I want! :)
4. I finished a really good memoir this week - Wild by Cheryl Strayed. It is the story of a very lost and broken woman who puts herself back together by hiking the Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert to Washington State. Alone.
There were nights I stayed up waaaay past my bedtime because I could NOT put down this book. I was fascinated. I'm not a memoir "reader" - I usually stick to Jodi Picoult, James Patterson, Anna Quindlen, etc. - but this was really interesting.
5. As I am typing this, I cannot help but giggle. My sweet husband has FINALLY made an appointment with a sleep apnea specialist to see if we can get this snoring business stopped. Peeps, I for reals have married a Snor-a-saurus Rex. It is AWFUL.
|I am not kidding. Not even a little bit.|
I have several videos. I am tempted to post one. But I might end up on Divorce Court, so I won't. :)
Happy Friday, Peeps! We made it!